It's crazy to think a year ago this week I was just getting home from Brazil! I can't believe how fast 2009 flew by, but what a great year it was. I'm going to try to write in my journals (thank you Anna, Michelle and the Foley sisters) as much as I can and then put it on this blog that I recently created. Feel free to read as much or as little as you please... sometimes I get a little carried away, but I know my mother loves the details! Ha! Enjoy :).
My Dad decided to come with me for my 1st week in Costa Rica. Keep in mind this was his first time traveling out of the country and WAY out of his comfort zone.
Dad and I took off on Tuesday the 12th, (late) afternoon to stay the night in Chicago before our flight on Wednesday. I think we were both pretty excited to finally gear up into "vacation mode!" We took a little detour to Evanston to have dinner with Eric and his lovely girlfriend, Kathryn. Then off to the hotel to ditch our winter clothes and prepare ourselves for the beautiful, tropical weather.
After a few delays in Chicago and Miami, we finally made it to San Jose airport. Oh my gosh was that airport slightly crazy! As soon as we walked out of the door several people were yelling "taxi" and other random names. After getting through the crowd, we saw a sign that said "DAN WHOBREY" for our hotel, La Catalina.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment