"The Pure Life"

"The Pure Life"
A very relaxed "white faced monkey" at Manuel Antonio National Park. Photography by mi padre, Dan Whobrey

4.08.2010

Post 11: EMPLOYMENT

While we were at the beach, I got a job offer to work in Liberia, Costa Rica. I didn’t really know what to do because Liberia is 4 hours from Heredia so I would be completely on my own. I knew I would really miss my host family, but I decided to move to Liberia, not only for the job, but also because it was only a short 15 minutes from the beach!

Some of my co-workers at ICS...

I was a little hesitant to take the job at the International Christian High School because they wanted me to be the middle school and high school Language Arts teacher. After a LONG two months, I quickly realized that teaching adolescents just wasn’t for me! I have told many people that I want to go back and apologize to all of my high school teachers for not always being the “ideal student.”

No comments:

Post a Comment